Pet Shop Hop
Cassie Fisher – who you’ll be representing in the game – has taken over her grandparent’s struggling pet shop to keep it from being put out of business by Mr. Big’s mega conglomerate MegaPet. If the pet shop fails, Mr. Big is going to buy it and give it to his daughter, Little Ms. Mink. Now, you have to sell pets, please customers and transform the pet shop into a successful thriving boutique! So, how do you do that you might be wondering right now. Let’s take a look at the basics of the game:
- Main Goal: your main objective is to keep the pet shop on business.
- Feeding pets and cleaning cages: when a cage begins to look dirty and the food dishes are low, it’s time to care for those animals. Different animals require different tools, supplies and food. For example, fish tanks require vacuum pump, and dogs and birds require newspaper.
- Serving customers: when a customer comes into the shop, a speech bubble will appear indicating what the customer wants. To sell a pet to a customer you have to use the mouse to click on the desired animal and click on the customer to hand it over. Customers’ speech bubbles become red as they become impatient. If they turn completely red the customer will leave.
- The purchase screen: at the end of each level, you are presented with the purchase screen. You can purchase animals, accessories and upgrades in this screen. Only buy what you have to. The more animals you buy, the more animals you have to feed and clean.
- Challenge mode and Story mode: as you go play through story mode, you can go back and play previous levels. When you replay, your score is updated. In Challenge mode, you can choose from three level of difficulty. In Challenge mode, updates are unlocked automatically as you progress.
When you enter the game, you’ll be reaching the Main Menu, with the following options:
- Change Player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Story Mode: Begin a new Pet Shop Hop game. You’ll be seeing some on-screen instructions to help you get started.
- Challenge Mode: another mode for playing the game.
- Scores: lists the highest records.
- Options: View game options and adjust settings, such as sound volume, and music volume.
- Help: Launch Pet Shop Hop help screens.
- Quit: Exit the game and return to desktop.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web
About the systems requirements, here you have a list to check out:
- Windows Vista/XP
- Graphics Card 3D Video Card
- DirectX Version DirectX 8.0
- Easy to learn how to play the game using the help
- Affordable price
- Very entertaining game, yet easy to play
- It’s available only in English
- It’s not a multiplayer game
- Use on network is not supported